24 October 2019

Table of Contents for Ticker Tapes





Ticker Tape- Power

POWER GRID ORDERS FOR ABB

 Leading power and automation technology group ABB has won orders from Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd (POWERGRID) to supply 765 kilovolt (kV) ultrahigh voltage power transformers for substations in the northern states of Uttarakhand and Uttar Pradesh.  Three of these ultra-high voltage transformers will be installed at the Meerut substation, while 14 transformers will be installed in new substations being constructed in Uttarakhand. The new substations will receive power from the Tehri Hydropower Complex for distribution across Uttarakhand and Uttar Pradesh. ABB will design, manufacture, test, transport, erect and commission the 765 kV single-phase autotransformers at the substation sites.

 

 

 

NHPC’S 50 MW SOLAR PROJECT

State-run NHPC Ltd plans to set up a 50 MW solar power plant at an investment of about `300 crore near Madurai in Tamil Nadu. The company is to soon ink a power purchase agreement for the purpose with the Tamil Nadu Generation and Distribution Corporation Ltd. However, the PSU has not yet disclosed any details about the tariff rates of electricity to be supplied through the project.  The project is expected to be fully completed by the end of this fiscal.

 

 

 

ODISHA TO RENOVATE 3 HYDEL PROJECTS

The Odisha government has decided to renovate its three major hydro-power stations at Hirakud, Chipilima and Balimela for capacity augmentation. The projects involve a total investment of about `887 crore. The capacity of Hirakud station is expected to increase from 75 MW to 86 MW after renovation after completion in the next 30 months. About `65.67 crore has been identified for the renovation and capacity augmentation works at the 34 MW Chipilima power station, to be completed in 20 months. The Balimela Hydel Project, which has an installed capacity of 510 MW, will be renovated at an investment of `664 crore, and will be fully completed in about 54 months.

 

 

 

PUNJAB’S SOLAR AGENDA

As a part of its green power agenda, the Punjab government has commissioned a 32 MW solar plant at  Talwandi Sabo in Bathinda district, its largest ever. Furthermore, the state has also become the first in the country to work out a diversification scheme that has turned farmers into green energy entrepreneurs. The state government targets to develop at least 15 green energy entrepreneurs per block within the next five years. Through the initiative, the government aims to fulfill 10 per cent of the state’s energy requirement through green resources. The government also plans to provide a subsidy and around 500 MW projects particularly to farmers to meet their power requirements.

 

 

 

NTPC ARM TO OPERATE PATRATU POWER PLANT

Aiming to commission and operate the Patratu thermal power plant, state owned NTPC Ltd has incorporated Patratu Vidyut Utpadan Nigam Ltd through a joint venture with Jharkhad Bijli Vitran Nigam Ltd (JBVNL). The subsidiary will acquire, establish, operate, maintain, revive, refurbish, renovate and modernise the performing existing units and raise capacities of the Patratu Thermal Power Station in Ramgarh district of Jharkhand. While NTPC holds 74 per cent of the equity share in the JV arm, JBVNL occupies the remaining 26 per cent. The JV has an initial authorised and paid up capital of `10,00,000.

 

 

800 MW SUPER CRITICAL PLANT FOR GUJARAT

The Gujarat government has laid the foundation stone for the 800 MW super critical coal based thermal power plant at Wanakbori in Kheda district. The project, on completion, will be the eight power generation unit at the existing Wanakbori plant which already has seven units in operation. The plant is expected to be a noteworthy initiative due to its focus on less emission and coal consumption. The unit will burn 25 per cent less coal in comparison to other similar size units. The project is expected to be completed within the next three years.

 

 

 

INOX WIND BAGS 50 MW WIND PROJECT

North India based energy solutions provider Inox Wind has won a 50 MW wind power project from Tata Power Renewable Energy Ltd (TPREL). The project will be developed in Madhya Pradesh. According to the turnkey order, Inox Wind will provide TPREL end-to-end solutions. The scope of work includes from development and construction to commissioning and providing long term operations and maintenance services. The order also involves supply and installation of 25 units of Inox Wind's 2MW DFIG 100 rotor dia Wind Turbine Generator. This is TPREL's third project with Inox Wind after two previous orders of 172 MW.

 

 




Leave a Comment

Name  
Email Address
(will not be published)    
Website
Comment